This course is only available to selected clients from Centacare Ballarat who are working at the Christmas tree farm. The units have been contextualized for the specific requirements for tending Christmas trees.
Will be by demonstration of skills and answering related questions.
1. Introduction and induction
2. Duty of Care (Employee and Employer responsibilities)
3. Hazard id and risk assessment
4. Hazard control methods
5. Selection and use of PPE
6. Job Safety Analyses
7. Tree pruning/shaping techniques, tools and practices
8. Tool maintenance and sharpening
9. Brushcutter operation and maintenance.
10 . Cutting heads and blades.
11. Operator safety and responsibilities.
12. Brushcutter starting procedures.
13. Work site preparation.
14. Work techniques.
15. Chainsaw components, operation and maintenance
16. Chainsaw operating techniques
17. Emergency and evacuation procedures
Enrolment in FWP20111 Certificate II in Forest Growing and Management
FWPFGM2207 Undertake brushcutting operations (40 hrs)
FWPFGM2205 Prune Trees (30 hrs)
FWPCOT2238A Cut materials with a hand held chainsaw (40 hrs)
FWPCOR2205 Follow OHS policies and procedures (30 hrs)
Cost : $1848
2016 VTG Subsidised: -
The student fee is indicative only and subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment. Additional fees may apply such as student services and amenities fees.
Indicative Tuition Fee $420.00 (State Government of Victoria Subsidised)
Total Cost $420.00 ($1848.00 if ineligible for subsidy)