This course develops techniques required to fall trees safely and efficiently, produce useful forest products and leave a silviculturally correct forest behind. Successful completion enables participants to meet one of the requirements for obtaining a Timber Harvesting Operators Licence in this category of work. 5 - 6 participants per instructor.
Will be by demonstration of skills and answering related questions.
1. Work planning
2. Tree assessment & hazard identification
3. Site preparation
4. Falling technique (various methods)
5. Removal of hazardous trees
6. Log Quality
7. Environmental considerations
Enrolment in FWP20211 Certificate II in Harvesting and Haulage
Persons enrolling for this course must:
1. Hold a Timber Harvesting Operators Licence or prove equivalence
2. Have satisfactorily completed Course in Chainsaw Operation & Maintenance or hold current qualifications from a recognised training organisation.
$1,050.00 ($13.13/sch, including materials)
2014 VTG Subsidised: The student fee is indicative only and subject to change given individual circumstances at enrolment. Additional fees may apply such as student services and amenities fees.
Indicative Tuition Fee: $200.00 (State Government of Victoria Subsidised)
Materials Fee: $100.00
Total Cost: $300.00 ($1,050.00 if ineligible for subsidy)