CD self-paced learning program followed by on site assessment followed by on site practical assessment.
This course develops basic knowledge and skills associated with the preservation of timber. The major topics include assessing hazards, treatment methods, loading and unloading treatment cylinders and the timber treatment process.
Job Outcomes: Successful completion of this unit may lead to employment as a timber treatment plant operator.
Will be by completion of theory questions as part of the learning CD and an on the job demonstration of performance. Upon successful completion students will be issued with a nationally recognised statement of attainment for the unit(s) above.
1. Wood Properties
2. Agents of wood deterioration
3. Timber preservatives
4. Preparing timber for treatment
5. Treatment processes
6. Preservation Specifications
7. Solution Strength Calculations
8. Treatment Results and plant records
9. Plant and equipment maintenance
10. Operator health and safety
11. Environmental and waste management considerations
Enrolment in FWP30311 Certificate III in Sawmilling and Processing