The Victorian Building Regulations require all structural timber to be stress graded and branded according to the relevant Australian Standard. This course covers the principles and practice of visual assessment of further characteristics after machine grading. 8 - 12 participants.
Will be by demonstration of skills and answering related questions.
1. Introduction to Standards
2. Measurement of Imperfections
3. Stress Grades and Strength Groups
4. Timber Grade Descriptions
5. Summary of Permissible Imperfections
6. Practical Grading
7. Assessment (on-site)
Enrolment in FWP30311 Certificate III in Sawmilling & Processing